Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Fat Tuesday!


Mardi gras is French for Fat Tuesday, referring to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, which begins on Ash Wednesday; in English the day is sometimes referred to as Shrove Tuesday, from the word shrive, meaning "confess." Related popular practices are associated with celebrations before the fasting and religious obligations associated with the penitential season of Lent. Popular practices include wearing masks and costumes, overturning social conventions, dancing, sports competitions, parades, etc. Similar expressions to Mardi Gras appear in other European languages sharing the Christian tradition. In English, the day is called Shrove Tuesday, associated with the religious requirement for confession before Lent begins. via

Since today is Fat Tuesday, I decided this year that I would be giving up cupcakes and cake. For those that know me, this is truly going to be a challenge! Last week I had FOUR cupcakes from Gigi's, and I may or may not have bought those 2-bite cupcakes from Publix on Sunday and finished them on Monday. Yes, I will be buying more tonight so that I can indulge one last time before I completely give them up for 40 days. I have to, right?

 samoa cupcake




V-day cupcake raspberry cream cheese with graham cracker crumbles

S suggested that I give up cake and cupcakes, since he knows I need them to survive am addicted to them. Like any good girlfriend, I suggested that he give up his weakness, Taco Bell. That boy can eat Taco Bell for literally every. meal. When he was in high school his dad would ask him what he wanted for dinner after soccer practice. He always said Taco Bell. His dad took him to Taco Bell every day for a straight month hoping that it would make him get tired of his beloved Taco Bell. It backfired.

Wish us luck!!

Here are some traditional Fat Tuesday favorites that you can check out:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment!